Saturday, September 5, 2015

Top 5 Ways to Use GoNoodle in the Classroom!


I am so excited to be participating in GoNoodle’s Back to School Blogger Blitz today. GoNoodle is definitely one of my favorite websites and it is always a big hit with my students too!

Today I'm going to share with you my Top 5 favorite reasons to use GoNoodle in the classroom:

1. Brain breaks: when the day gets long and we've been sitting too long, I like to get my kids up and moving. Zumba kids and ultimate champ training are some of my favorite "get up and get active" videos.

2. Calming / de-stressing: we've all had days where our kids seem to have ants in their pants and can't sit still to save their lives. Maximo yoga style videos and airtime are great calming activities to help the kids settle down and focus again.

3. Test prep / motivation: Flow is one of my absolute favorites for a lot of reasons.... it is the perfect combination of calm and motivation that my students often need.  There are two categories in flow: attitude and stress.  Within each of these categories, there are three videos to choose from.  My personal favorite is found in the attitude category, called "Victorious".  I love the message of this video. Seriously, go listen to what it says. Such a simple yet powerful message for students as they prepare for a test.

4. Indoor recess: one of the greatest features GoNoodle added last year was the "indoor recess mega mix" videos. These videos are like a pre-made playlist: a variety of fun GoNoodle videos with different lengths of time already set to accommodate different recess lengths (you can choose from as little as 7 minutes up to as many as 19 minutes! Woot woot!) These videos came in handy when it was snowy and the kids couldn't go out to recess. I especially appreciated that I didn't have to keep starting new videos every 2-3 minutes - the mega mix just keeps going!

5. Being silly: sometimes, you just need to take a break for no other reason than to laugh. When it's time for a good laugh, my students and I LOVE LOVE LOVE pop-see-ko. Seriously, how can you not be in a good mood when the kids are doing this?!

So tell me, what do YOU love about GoNoodle? Comment below with what you love about GoNoodle and a random winner will be chosen to win a free pencil pouch from GoNoodle! (Be sure to include an email address so I can contact you if you win!!) How cool is that?!



But wait - there's more!!If you're interested in picking up some GoNoodle swag for your classroom, you can save15% off your purchase in the GoNoodle shop! Use the code: BTSwithGoNoodle - this code is valid until September 11th.

** And the winner is....

Congrats Breanne!!

8 comments:

  1. We love Go-Noodle - I use it for transitions and special rewards! Can't wait to introduce my new class next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love GoNoodle! It's great for getting the kiddos up and moving, and as a reward for hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zumba!! Thanks for the giveaway :) amynick25@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that there are a variety of videos, so you can choose from what you need depending on whether you want students to calm down or get rid of some excess energy. I love the new Think About It videos this year that help students think about character. joliger@sandi.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used it but I want to start now! It would be perfect for our over an hour long math class break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE to get the wiggles out of my super squirrely class! mariehoag@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would use it to break up a long lesson....to give the students a chance to move around! kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use it for transitions and schedule them throughout the day, but I like to have my class earn extra breaks, too!
    breannesimons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete